The Journal of Emerging Dance Scholarship (JEDS) invites applications for 2022-2023 Guest Editors.
JEDS is an open access online journal produced by World Dance Alliance. JEDS publishes new research from scholars who are enrolled or within five years of earning a graduate degree in dance or a related area. Articles featured in JEDS are selected through a double-blind review process by international reviewers with strong publishing records and established expertise in diverse fields of dance. Articles are selected based on their originality of research and the contributions each makes to the future of dance praxis (theory and practice). The journal is currently produced in English.
The JEDS Advisory Committee is seeking several applicants to serve on a team of Editors for a two year term. The team of Guest Editors will do the following:
- Invite and collect articles for submission
- Distribute articles for blind review
- Assimilate reviews and communicate with authors
- Answer questions and assist authors with re-drafting
- Ready final drafts for online production by copyediting, captioning images, posting articles to the WordPress online forum
The team will be chosen from the applicant pool to represent the multiplicity of participating WDA regions. The team will work together, dividing the responsibilities in ways that make sense for the team and the journal. The team will need to meet with each other and communicate easily with each other and the JEDS Advisory Committee in order to establish and be accountable to a timeline and best practices in producing JEDS.
- CV (with mention of publication, teaching) – not more than 500 words.
- A vision statement – not more than 500 words.
- Send your application with a cover letter containing your email, contact details.
- Send the email to: JEDSsubmissions2020@gmail.com
- Last date for submission: 30 March 2022.