World Dance Alliance Asia-Pacific invites applications for the “Begin Again” Small Grants for Individual Dance Makers, to support young and emerging dancers and choreographers from India and Bangladesh.
these challenging times, dancers and choreographers in Bangladesh and
India have undergone a particularly harsh struggle. Not only have
they coped with loss of livelihood, but also with the huge anxiety
and suffering that accompanied the recent wave of COVID-19 illness
and death across the subcontinent.
“Begin Again” Small Grants aim to:
- Encourage dance makers and choreographers to “Begin Again” and continue their work, despite challenging circumstances.
- Provide funding for young, emerging dancers/choreographers to “kick start” their creativity and innovation and to push the boundaries of their artistic practice.
- Connect dancers & choreographers with each other for peer review and feedback.
- Enable dance artists to showcase their work to the world through digital channels and platforms while pandemic measures and limitations are in place.
of the ten successful applicants will receive:
- USD $300 to put towards the development of a new dance work: a 2-3 minute dance video, in any genre, solo or group, filmed and presented as one continuous take.
- Peer review and feedback for the development of the dance video.
- Showcase of the dance video at SWEAT Festival in Hong Kong during the World Dance Alliance Global Summit events from 22-24 Jun 2022.
To apply for the grant, please read the guidelines in the document below, and return the completed application form to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 1 October 2021.
Grant Guidelines & Application Form:
PDF Format [109kb]
Word DOC format [259kb]
“Begin Again” Small Grants for Individual Dance Makers is an outcome of “Building Resilience” A Covid Fundraising Benefit for Dance Makers in India & Bangladesh. Thanks to all our generous donors and to Sashar Zarif and the Chand Family for making this project possible.