Asia–Pacific Channels is the bi-annual newsletter of the World Dance Alliance Asia-Pacific (WDAAP), published by Ausdance National in collaboration with MyDance Alliance in Malaysia. It profiles dance events and activities from WDA members throughout the Asia–Pacific region.
The highlight of Channels are its beautiful photographs of the diversity of Asia-Pacific dance, as well as regular updates about the dance community across the region.
Electronic PDF copies of Channels are available to download from this page. Previous editions of Channels back to June 1996 are available from the Ausdance National website:
- A special tribute to Professor Linda Caldwell, whose energy and generosity united World Dance Alliance Americas and beyond.
- Our cover image is from the Hong Kong Dance Awards, established by Hong Kong Dance Alliance. Congratulations to long-time WDAAP member Anna Chan who won this year’s Distinguished Achievement Award.
- Much anticipation in this issue of the Panpapanpalya 2018 Joint Dance Congress with daCi which has just successfully concluded in Adelaide, Australia. More reports on this event in the next issue.
Download: Channels June 2018 [PDF 2.4MB]
- Results from the November 2017 Annual General Meeting, and the list of the new WDAAP Executive Committee.
- Outgoing WDAAP President Yunyu Wang (Taiwan) bids farewell, and welcomes Urmimala Sarkar (India), who is turning her Vice President role over to Stella Lau (Hong Kong).Lubna Marium (Bangladesh) reports on her experience of the WDA Global Summit in Newfoundland, Canada, in July 2017.
- Beautiful images from the works of the 8 selected emerging choreographers who attended the International Young Choreographers’ Project in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, in July 2017.
Download: Channels Dec 2017 [PDF, 3MB]
- Executive committee reports
- Country chapter reports
- Tributes to Maggi Phillips
- Report on the 34th International Theatre Institute Congress in Yerevan
- Notice of WDAAP AGM at Asia Pacific Dance Bridge: Connectivity Through Dance
Download: asia-pacific-channels-June-2015[PDF, 4MB]