Dance Routes – Danced Roots: Connecting the Local and the Global
Seoul, Korea – 2016
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JANUARY 10, 2016 (Extended to February 10, 2016)
(You will be notified in 6 days after application)
ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: MARCH 10, 2016
The Showcase provides a concert platform for professional choreographers and performers, and pre-professional artists training in dance academies. The performances will take place in the theaters located in the ShangShin Univeristy or Arko Theater and will be open to registered participants of the WDAAP event and the general public.
Dance works presented may not exceed 10 minutes in length.
An international panel will consider and evaluate all submissions based on criteria in relation to the quality of the work submitted and accompanying documentation. Proposals for the Showcase will be submitted online and should comprise the following:
- 100-word bio of the choreographer/director (primary presenter)
- 250-word statement that shows the genesis of the work to be presented
- 10 minute (maximum) on-line (Vimeo/YouTube) sample of recent [continuous] performance or rehearsal footage of the choreographer/director’s work. Excerpts and promotional footage will not be considered. Applicants must submit password-protected links to their sample work.
Applicants are responsible for all licensing agreements – music and otherwise – necessary both to post the work online for consideration and to present it. Sample work may be different from the intended showcase work but both must fall within a 10-minute (maximum) time frame.
In addition, the applicant will submit the following on the online form:
- choreographer/director’s name
- designation of Emerging Choreographer (ten years or less in the field) or Career Choreographer (over ten years in the field)
- contact email, telephone number, institutional affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, names of performers/collaborators
All choreographers/presenters whose work is accepted for the showcase performance must be registered members of World Dance Alliance – Asian Pacific.