Dance Routes – Danced Roots: Connecting the Local and the Global
Seoul, Korea – 2016
SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED: FEBRUARY 10, 2016
(You will be notified in 6 days after application)
ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: MARCH 10, 2016
World Dance Alliance – Asia Pacific, Korean Chapter, invites Dance and Movement (dance-related) professionals working with Community, Education, Performance and Somatic in dance to submit proposal for the Master Class at upcoming conference, Dance Routes – Danced Roots: Connecting the Local and the Global in Seoul, Korea, from 21st to 24th July 2016.
The Master Class aims to provide a teaching platform for dance and movement professionals to share their teaching to the wider dance community.
The Master Class, of 90 minutes in length, will take place in the dance studios located in ShangShin University and will be open to all participants of the WDA-AP Korean event.
All presenters must be registered members of World Dance Alliance – Asia Pacific.
Proposals for the Master Class will be submitted online and should comprise the following:
- 100-word bio of the applicant (primary presenter);
- 150-word of teaching experience (primary presenter);
- 250-word statement that shows the genesis of the class to be taught;
- 10-minute (maximum) video sample of recent class taught by Presenter (related to the applied subject) uploaded to either Vimeo or YouTube;
- password-protected link to sample work.
Interested applicants are encouraged to provide the core and specific learning in the outline table.
An international panel will consider and evaluate all submissions based on Master Class Outline submitted.